Tuesday, May 21, 2013

News, A New Story, and Ben!

Hey all, after taking some time off to recoup from the A-Z thing, I might be back.

I say might, because life has a way of sucking up more of my time than the internet does. I did spend the weekend in sunny Florida on a spur of the moment decision to get away for a few days with the family. It was frustrating, wonderful, and eventually disastrous. But I suppose every trip can't be perfect.

So, moving on...

A reminder that I've promised that every dime I make in book sales this month goes towards helping young Ben Wolverton, the teenage child of Author David Wolverton that had a skateboarding accident that left him with about $1,000,000 in medical bills.

Since sales have been slow, I decided to put a short story up for people to purchase to help out during the month of May. Going Home is a tale of one of the last human soldiers left after an alien invasion. So please read, again, for the rest of the month - anything purchased will see whatever I get in royalties go to Ben's fund.

Click here to purchase.


15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Off to download!

M.J. Fifield said...

Off to download, too.

Sorry your weekend getaway was eventually disastrous. It's true that every trip can't be perfect, but it's always nice to be able to avoid disaster.

PT Dilloway said...

I got mine. I actually didn't see it on here. I saw it on Goodreads first. Good that you put it on there and actually put the cover on it and everything; it annoys me when indie authors don't do that and then I have to go do it. Really it makes me want to send them a bill.

Andrew Leon said...

What does this mean, disastrous?

Andrew Leon said...

Oh, hey, what a cool editor you have! I'll have to blurb this later.

Jo said...

Got mine too. Sorry your trip ended in disaster. Not a fun way to end any trip.

JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

Sheena-kay Graham said...

I had bought a copy of David's book to help out. I'll also buy a copy of yours as soon as I can Carl. Great that you're helping him raise the money he needs for his son.

dolorah said...

I enjoy your writing, and concepts, so I purchased :)

.....dhole

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Sounds fun. I shall give it a read sir.

Cindy said...

Sorry to hear about Ben. Will purchase as I love your writing anyway. I was on the verge of not being able to afford insurance at all (and what I had was worthless to begin with) So I know what that's like.

Briane said...

Thanks for helping out more. I've got to get reposting that stuff -- I got away from it from being busy. STUPID WORK.

But I downloaded your story immediately and I plan on reading it and mercilessly liking it to death asap.

What's this about the trip not working? And you only weigh 220 according to Twitter? I'm down about 20 pounds but not down that far. Still, I'll get there. I'm coming for ya, Rusty Carl!

Also: How 'bout a Dead God's SEQUEL? Summer reading's coming up.

Jay Noel said...

Work just about killed me last week. While everyone was firing up the grill on Friday after work, I was rushing to get home, which I did at 8 pm.

Love how everyone is rallying around 16 yr old Ben. He's got a tough road ahead of him.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Trips are unpredictable. Great you're supporting Ben.

Gina Gao said...

I'm sorry to hear about Ben. I'm going to download!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

M Pax said...

Woo hoo!! A new Rusty story. Congrats! Hope you hit the top of the charts!