Friday, October 28, 2011

Oh What Plans I Had

I had big plans for today's post, they fell through. My kid's football team ended their season last night. They did well, undefeated and all that, but I'm thrilled that I won't have to be going to practice every night for a while. Getting home between 8 and 9, trying to eat, spend time with the family, blogging, writing, doing artsy things... it just can't be done easily. I have high hopes for more free time.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I plan on A) finishing a book cover for someone B) trying to start and finish another book cover for someone C) hammer out the details of my plot for this year's Nano... recall that I'm trying my hand at fantasy. It could be a real disaster. Also, D) write Monday and Wednesday's blog posts, E) Finish A Fire Upon the Deep, and finally, F) do whatever my wife says we need to do.

Oh wait, G) to make changes to a novella per one beta reader and ship it off to another.

Any one of those could wipe out my weekend, I'm being WAY too ambitious, but whatever. If I don't have goals, I doubt I would achieve anything.

So, everyone one enjoy your weekend.

12 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think you'll do fantasy well! I already know what I'm doing for Monday's post, but need to plan Wednesday's. That one is important!
And you rocked the house this week with your guest post.

Tonja said...

I always feel a little twinge of guilt when I feel relieved when my kids' sports things are over. I do that huge to-do list for myself too. Must finish my edits before the weekend's over so I can NaNo stress free. And the laundry, cleaning, shopping, must buy pumpkins and candy...and on and on.

PT Dilloway said...

But then you'll probably just end up on the couch watching football all weekend. That's how it usually goes for me.

Nancy said...

That is a lot of stuff planned. let us know how it goes. Good luck.

M.J. Fifield said...

Am I the only person who goes into NaNo with nothing but a genre and a MC's name all picked out?

I'm writing fantasy this year too.

Cindy said...

It sounds like you're in demand as a book cover designer. Who knows it could be your new day job. :)

Golden Eagle said...

Good luck!

I thought I might try Fantasy for NaNoWriMo this year (I've never actually finished any Fantasy I started) but then a SF idea arrived. Since it had more details I decided to run with it instead . . .

Ciara said...

I think F is the most important. Thanks so much for participating in the 'Did I Notice Your Book' game.

Rusty Carl said...

Tonja - Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'll feel slightly less guilty now.

Rogue - Damn. I just about bet your right, too. Still, it isn't unheard of for me to take a weekend off of football during season. So it could happen. It's funny that I'm actually biter about my love of football, it's more like an addiction than anything anymore.

Nancy - Will do.

MJ - Good luck with your Fantasy novel. Mine isn't as worked out as I want it to be, I'll be working really hard this weekend to get it right.

Cindy - At my current speed of producing them, I'd have to charge about $10k per cover to make it worthwhile, I need to be much, much faster.

Eagle - It's my first Fantasy attempt. I have no idea if I can do this. Good luck to you.

Ciara - Agreed, 'F' takes precedence over everything else. I appreciate the opportunity to be a part.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Congrats to your son for going undefeated! And good luck with those book covers hehe.

Munk said...

On it.

Laila Knight said...

It seems you always have tons of activity to cram into the weekend. LOL. I'm not that ambitious. It's a miracle I'm even blogging today. You're trying your hand at fantasy?...cool. It's fun. And good luck with NaNo. One of these years I should give it a try. Happy Halloween. :)