Monday, July 23, 2012

Stopover at Backworlds' Edge


The beautiful book listed below is the latest from Mary Pax. If you haven't read the first installment in the series you really should. I read everything she has available and she has earned my trust as a reader. I never wait long before I jump in and start reading once she's released something. 

So please go read this, if you need to catch up first, the download her previous installment first (it may be available for free) and then pick this one up, no way you'll be disappointed.

See the promotional stuff below:

The Backworlds Book 2 is Out!

The sequel to The Backworlds is now available. Craze and his friends continue their adventures in Stopover at the Backworlds’ Edge. See what role chocolate plays in the galaxy this time.

The interstellar portal opens, bringing in a ship that should no longer exist. A battleship spoiling for a fight, yet the war with Earth ended two generations ago. The vessel drops off a Water-breather, a type of Backworlder thought to be extinct. She claims one of Craze’s friends is a traitor who summoned the enemy to Pardeep Station. A betrayal worse than his father’s, if Craze lives to worry about it.



Available for all ereaders from:

iTunes and Kobo will be available shortly.

If you haven’t read The Backworlds yet, it’s available as a free read from many outlets. See HERE for links. [http://mpaxauthor.com/the-backworlds-series/backworlds-the/]


Inspiring the words M. Pax writes, Mary spends her summers as a star guide at Pine Mountain Observatory in stunning Central Oregon where she lives with the husband unit and two loving cats. She write science fiction mostly and has a slight obsession with Jane Austen. Mary blogs at http://www.mpaxauthor.com/blog/

15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I have my copy! The first book was awesome.

PT Dilloway said...

I still have the first book to read on my Kindle. Selfishly I'm reading some of my stuff to edit right now.

BTW, did you design that cover?

Brinda said...

I'm really behind on my reading! I do have the first book and it's been calling my name. As for chocolate, I can tell you that it plays a HUGE role in my universe, but I'll have to see what Mary says.

Jo said...

I downloaded the first book for free and will see how I enjoy it. By the sounds of it, it will be fascinating. I have a long TBR list at the moment though.

Tonja said...

I have a feeling Mary is going to be everywhere today.

Rusty Carl said...

I had nothing to do with the cover. Looks great though.

M Pax said...

Thank you for helping with the launch, Rusty. You're fabulously awesome. Hope you like the new one.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I've seen this book everywhere today! Congratulations to Mary :))

Briane said...

That summary hooked me. I'll add it to the list.

Briane said...

I went and read your time post, below, too.

There's a podcast from Radiolab that talked about why time seems to go faster when we are older, and their theory was it's because our brains tend to notice less and fill in more as we get older.

That is, when you're five and the world is new, you're looking at everything for the first time and your brain is focusing on it all and summers seem to last forever because each moment is so new.

When you're 43, like me, that hot summer afternoon where the air is so still that you can hear literally nothing happening, and the grass is beaten down by the sun and the sky seems like maybe it's faded because it's so hot, and nothing is moving anywhere, that moment has occurred 10, 20, 40, 100 times before, and so the tendency is to have our brains say "Oh, yeah, HOT, I remember this" and move on to worrying about the mortgage and so that moment slips by, unnoticed.

So one way to make time flow more slowly is to pay more attention to what you're doing right then.

In other words: Sweat the small stuff.

Tony Laplume said...

Pax seems to be the guardian writer of this set. I think I may have been converted by the excerpt from the new book on Amazon. The only problem I have is that I am still not converted to digital books. Some print editions, Mary?

Andrew Leon said...

Picked up the first one...

S. L. Hennessy said...

I keep hearing about this book. Time to order...

Also, super jealous when I read about your Dark Knight Marathon on Alex's blog. I really really wanted to be able to do the same. Darn it.

David P. King said...

This book is everywhere this week. And it sounds like a good one. Thanks for spreading the word! :)

Gina Gao said...

This is a great book! Thanks for sharing.

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com