Monday, September 21, 2009

Days 5 - 8: Hell Week

Absolute. Disaster.

That is how I would have to describe my weekend. After that late night Krystal fiasco on Friday it all went downhill. Pancakes, bacon, NY strip steak, potatoes, Italian desserts, pizza, chocolate cake... what a 48 hours I had. Needless to say, I didn't count calories this weekend. I couldn't count that high.

So I show up at work today, still silently cursing the fates that the better the food tastes, the less of it I can have. There is a cosmic joke in there somewhere, I can feel it. I don't get why it has to be that way.

Anyway, I muddle through my morning with an apple and banana for breakfast - turns out that has more calories than oatmeal. I am hungry a few minutes later and have to hit the pecans, only 5 though, those things are way to high in calories to eat more than that at one time.

By the time I get to the gym I'm have starved, I muddle though my workout and shake my head in disbelief at how I managed to be a half pound lighter (178.2) today. How the hell did that happen? Could I continue to eat like I did over the weekend and still lose weight? Maybe the calorie thing is a load of crap.

But I pounded out a passable workout and only had one real screw up - a bag of chips - and managed to get though the day with 200 calories to spare.

All in all, I'm still optimistic that this will all work itself out.

No comments: