Friday, April 4, 2014

D is for Demon Woods

It's the A-Z Blogging Challenge. It's day 4 of the caption contest! There won't be a prize at the end, but there is an opportunity to get a free ezine featuring yours truly!

(That's entirely true that for the next day or two you can click the link for the FREE ezine with a feature on ME!!)

Anyway, I'm remembering that in order to make a good picture, a lot of time needs to be dedicated to shading and such.

So, I think my mechanical pencil needs to be replaced with something with a better lead.

Anyway, our hairy warrior is back, someone please give this a caption... one involving a noun that uses the letter 'D.' And the chicken soup didn't spill onto the sketchbook last night, so no food art.

"Curses, I don't see anything out of sorts in this 'Demon Woods' that everyone is so upset about."
Oh, and one more thing... since I've already talking about free things... the great Sean McLachlan's novelette, The Scavenger, is FREE for a few days. Click the link and read. His Radio Hope was magnificent, and he deserves to be very widely read.


14 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Damn you for trying to play checkers on my butt!
Sorry, it's early.
And yes, Sean does deserve to be widely read!

Heather R. Holden said...

Ooh, what an eerie sketch! And I'm impressed by your shading. (That kind of thing is always such a pain for me to do!)

As for a caption...hmm...

"Desolation is your destiny."

(I suck at things like this, haha.)

Briane said...

"Die, cursed barbarian scum, for there is no way to defeat Demon Tree, Lord of all that is... HEY GET BACK HERE NO FAIR."

stu said...

There are good reasons why people don't stop to ask directions in the demon woods.

S. L. Hennessy said...

Die demon, die?

Tony Laplume said...

Dang! This sword is heavy!

Maurice Mitchell said...

Hate to use another "MotU" reference but "Ok, I'll trim Castle Greyskull's lawn one more time, but next time Skelator's on his own"

Jo said...

Can't think of anything today.

Sean McLachlan said...

Thanks for the shout out!

Andrew Leon said...

Why don't exclamations count? Darn! And adjectives! Bah!

Stupid demon ate my pants and now my boxers won't stay up!

Nana Prah said...

My brain is too tired to caption it right now, but I will commend you on the wonderful artwork. Great job.
Nana Prah

Glenda Cates said...

Great sketch and one both my husband and I enjoyed seeing.

Eastern Cutthroat said...

I'm gonna check out the Scavenger. The cover is amazing

Fe said...

I love the smile on the 'demon's' face. High cheek bones add to the delight. Except for the teeth, I don't think that face would scare me... :)

Great picture by the way.