Monday, April 1, 2013

A is for... Aw Man, How Can I Already Be Behind?

So here we are, the first day of the A-Z challenge, presented by our fabulous hosts who can be found…. Um, I'll add a link later.

For the month, I had this vision of me going through the process of creating a cover for a book. In this case, Andrew Leon’s compiled and completed Shadow Spinner tale.

I’m still going to do it, of course, but I’d intended on actually having the cover done by now. Instead, I haven’t really started. A few weeks ago there was big home related thing that took up all my free time, and I do mean all of it. So instead of having the cover done, it looks like this month is going to be me going from concept to completion in something close to real time!

Also, that means Andrew will be having to approve the concept in the comments section below the post before I can even get started. Awesome. This is starting to sound like a really bad idea.

Regardless, where am I at right now? For day one, see below:

I'm so screwed.


18 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You drew straight lines! That is awesome.
(Feel better now?)

mooderino said...

This sounds like the first stage of the creative process - panic. I'd say you were right on schedule.

mood
Moody Writing

Laura said...

I'm with mood! (above)
Lx

M.J. Fifield said...

I agree with Mood, too.

And hey, you have paper and a writing utensil, so it could be worse. =)

PT Dilloway said...

Good job finding the paper and pen. It's all a milk run from there.

Andrew Leon said...

The blank page looks great, although I might get rid of the lines. Of course, maybe, you have a plan for those that I'm just not seeing, yet, so I'll wait to see where you're going with it before I make a final decision.

Tony Laplume said...

It's so funny that since the last A-to-Z challenge your whole blog has become one long apology for everything you haven't done since then.

Charlie Warren said...

Looks legit to me!

Charlie @ The Semi-Retired Gamer

Deborah Walker said...

There's nothing about it that I don't like.

Ciara said...

LOL, I'm with ya Rusty. We can lean on each other to get this done. I'm still dealing with the big house thing. Ugh.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

You should do it like Bob Ross would have done and begin with "Happy Trees"

Heather M. Gardner said...

Gotta start somewhere!

Heather

Jo said...

Straight lines are good. What next I wonder?

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Stop panicking and get rolling.

Nicole said...

At least you already have the notepad. :)

Cindy said...

Oh..Rusty, you crack me up. With everything you have to do, I know it's not easy. Good luck with "B" tomorrow. LOL

Trisha said...

I'm sorry but I'm laughing...on the inside anyway :)

This should be a fun challenge for you!

Unknown said...

LOL this cracked me up!! I don't feel so bad about not having all my posts ready either. Misery loves company.
Connie (aka company)
I'm visiting from the A to Z Blog Challenge
Peanut Butter and Whine