Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I is for... I like This One Better

A to Z day... um, nine, I think. Read about the woes and why's of other participants in this challenge... HERE.

For those just stopping by, I'm attempting to go from concept to completion of a book cover for Andrew Leon's soon to be released novel, Shadow Spinner. He's giving me hints and 'you're getting warmer' type of clues in the comments each day. I'm still in the concept phase, trying to hammer down something we're both happy with.

So today I riffed on Andrew's comment from the previous day where he mentioned something from early in the book. 

It's still a wee bit rough, but concepts are supposed to be. But I imagine the concept is plain enough.


11 comments:

Andrew Leon said...

Okay, yeah, I really like this concept. I think it needs some of the actual spiders, though. Maybe one dropping down?
And, now, I'm torn, because Tib is asleep in the story when the Man with No Eyes shows up in the window, but I really like how you've done this.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like the direction you are headed!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

This cover pretty much captures my recurring nightmares as a child.

Anonymous said...

This is so creepy cool. Like when I wake up in the middle of the night pretty sure there's someone in my room but it's just shadows.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

If you were going for cool cover with scared kid, you nailed it.

Sean McLachlan said...

The male figure looks like Freddy Kruger.

mooderino said...

Progressing nicely.

mood
Moody Writing

S. L. Hennessy said...

Creepy.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

It looks scary, like in an online meme kind of way.

SpacerGuy said...

How about a hole in the window with the hand reaching in, closing in on its target...

Jay Noel said...

Creepy concept. Reminded me of Freddy Krueger. I'm liking the dark silhouette - adds to the mystery.