Friday, April 19, 2013

N is for... Never Give Up. Never Surrender

It's A to Z day... I have no idea how far into this we are, but it's past haflway.

Still thinking about how to compose, properly, the image I want to put forward to best make a cover from yesterday's concept for Andrew Leon's, Shadow Spinner. I had my step-son go outside and stand in the road to help me figure out what I'm going to do. I took a pic (with my handy split-pic app, so he can be in more than one place at a time). I don't think it's quite right, but I like the photo anyway, so I thought I'd share.


Were I to really be into this, I would have painted over portions of the photo to bring out some highlights on the characters, create more epic clothing, whatever,  but it's still cool.

16 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think it turned out really cool. Looks like a painting.

Andrew Leon said...

Yeah, that's pretty cool.
But I still think it needs to rotate a bit more so that there is not so much space in between the two figures.

Rusty Carl said...

Andrew - Oh I agree - I just got caught up in setting up that shot and forgot my original goal. I was thinking of a tunnel nearby that I could use to comp into the pic as well. Didn't realize that I didn't correct for the placement of the model until later. Oddly, I was more worried about whether or not I should show his feet (for spidery shadow considerations).

Andrew Leon said...

Oh! You know what would actually be creepy: have the spiders crawling up his back. Forget the feet.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

It is cool. Maybe I should hire you one day to do a cover. Excellent job and never giving up is my middle name. *Laughs* It's actually Angela.

PT Dilloway said...

Cool, you can clone him. Now you can make your own clone army to rule the galaxy.

mooderino said...

That looks great. You should definitely save it for another project.

mood
Moody Writing

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

It looks kind of evil. Maybe that's just me and the colors/filters you are using.

Jo said...

Spiders crawling up his back, yuk.

JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

M.J. Fifield said...

I had no idea there was such an app. That's very cool.

Crystal Collier said...

Awesome. I am constantly amazed at what a little creativity can do.

Golden Eagle said...

That is an intriguing image! I like the in-focus/out-of-focus element.

M said...

I like it!
Happy A-Z April!

Tara Tyler said...

your sketches & images are fabulous! so talented!

Unknown said...

The photo is just wonderful. Almost looks like it is an illustration or a painting. Hope to see you at the A to Z Finish line :)

Jay Noel said...

Love the color...it gives the picture a gloomy/sinister feeling.