Tuesday, April 23, 2013

S is for... Steady as She Goes

Post number four in my one day quest to get back on track in this A to Z challenge.

For anyone just stopping by for the first time... this month is all about me going from concept to completion for the cover of Shadow Spinner, Andrew Leon's upcoming novel.

I left everyone with a bit of a cliffhanger last time. But I'm now ready to put the photos together into a single image. Like below:
I did paint back some tree type things, I copied the one pole from the original pic and duplicated it, I'm thinking of using them as streetlights for the interstate that is above the tunnel. 

There is still tons of things to do, lots of little things, but at least one HUGE one, namely, where to put Tib into the image... .


10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Wow! All that today? That is awesome, dude.

mshatch said...

looking good!

PT Dilloway said...

That spot of concrete or asphalt or whatever seems kind of unnatural. I'm wondering how it would have gotten there. Drunken paving crew maybe?

Rusty Carl said...

PT - Don't know what to say... here in the south there are these mystery paved areas that lead to nowhere all over the place.

Andrew Leon said...

Okay, what about evening the paved area up. There was originally supposed to be a road under the tunnel in the book, they just never made it. But let's say that that area around the tunnel is paved but in a more even way, like they were making the place for the road to go through but just never went on with it.

I'm also not completely sure of the sky behind there the way it is. It seems... to vibrant, maybe.

Rusty Carl said...

Andrew - I've got a layer in my file that is just used for toning down the sky (it's my atmospheric haze layer), but it's one of the last things I'll do to the image.

And I've already got the next post scheduled so I'll have to save the grass changes for a bit. I'm going to try to get some sort of Tib placement done next, that's what will make or break this as a workable piece anyway, the rest are all just details.

Andrew Leon said...

Sounds good to me!

M.J. Fifield said...

Four posts in one day. That's impressive in itself.

Anyway, the cover's looking great.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

That's amazing.

Jo said...

Tell you something, I wouldn't go through that tunnel without at least half a dozen companions.

JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE