Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Y is for... Yikes! It's Almost Over!

A to Z challenge day 26 (and post 25 - the last one will go up later today).

Okay, my penultimate post. This one, good people, is my final image (at least for the blogfest), for Andrew Leon's upcoming novel release, Shadow Spinner.

That damned shadow coming from the tunnel kept me up late almost every night for a week. I have never had something so seemingly minor totally derail me like this thing has. I'm still not happy with it.

But, I do like the streetlights I painted in.


The Z post will have the typeface, which is a shame, because it is possibly just as important as the image itself, and I'm only doing one post on that. It usually takes me just as much work to get that part right as anything. But, I'm not doing 26 more posts in May for the typeface.

Stay tuned...

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nice addition of the shadow.

Briane said...

I would like to see those 26 posts on the typeface. Seriously. This has been fascinating, watching this thing go through all the various stages. I mean, you don't have to do it every day but if you'd discuss it once in a while, that'd be interesting.

PT Dilloway said...

Nah, save the typeface for next year.

Andrew Leon said...

It looks good.
Is it possible to make the shadow slightly longer and slightly darker?

S. L. Hennessy said...

I'm eager for the finished process.

M.J. Fifield said...

I've really loved watching your process this month, Rusty. I'm a little disappointed there won't be 26 posts for the typeface.

I think it's looking fantastic.

Jay Noel said...

The sky and grass are so intricate. Just amazing

I like the streetlights too.

The cover is going to be awesome.

Jo said...

Yes, I felt the shadow should be a bit longer, not sure about darker though, don't want to be too obvious about it, it maybe shouldn't be such a firm outline?

JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

Trisha said...

I don't know if you're quite dedicated enough, you know? Not committing to the whole month of May for typeface as well! hehe