Tuesday, April 23, 2013

R is for... Ridiculous Work Ethic!

Whaaaa??? Is this the third post of the day for me? Why yes, yes it is. That still leaves me a few days behind in the A to Z Challenge, but I'm close enough to see hope on the horizon.

Still plugging away at Andrew Leon's cover for his upcoming novel, Shadow Spinner.

Recall from an earlier post that I'm comping together more than one photo. To help blend the two I need to work on this one some more:

So, I've gone into blending mode, and have made this:

Which, quite honestly, looks so awesome by itself that I'd be totally cool if Andrew wanted to use that. Regardless, I'm going to combine it with the background I made previously. You can see I continued to tweak things as well... I've gotten rid of most of the graffiti - on the tunnel walls and the pallets. I've highlighed some of the edges of the walls for clarity, and did some other minor things. 

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Wow, it's coming together great!

Andrew Leon said...

Commenting on Q and R together:

Which is to say that I'm really interested to see where you're going with it. The stuff from the Q post was cool. This, I'm curious about, because I'm not sure why you put some grass and left some pavement.
But I can't wait to find out.

PT Dilloway said...

That grass must be from the antimatter universe. I can see where you'd want to keep some pavement as that would make it easier to show an evil shadow.

Rusty Carl said...

Andrew - and answer in multiple parts. 1) It is a tunnel under an interstate. In my head at least, had a road going through it at one time, even if it's fallen into disuse over time. 2) Shadows play better off of hard surfaces, if it's all grass and I try to make shadow there then it'll be a bit messy. 3)It's much easier to take the pavement away then to put it back if we change our mind later.

The next post goes up in just a bit, it's got the comp'ed image there. Take a look then and then I can keep going with the grass then if you want.

Andrew Leon said...

Okay.
I'm heading out for a bit but will be back in a couple hours. I'll check then.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Just keep going and you'll finish a great piece of art.

Nicole said...

The second one is amazing. Use it!