Tuesday, April 23, 2013

P is for.... Possibilities

I'm way behind in the A-Z challenge. But I hope to catch up this week. Maybe even put up another post or two today. No pressure on anyone dreading the idea of me expecting multiple visits from them per day. I'm just posting my progress.

And what is that progress? If you recall, I'm trying to go from concept to completion for a book cover for Andrew Leon's upcoming novel, Shadow Spinner. I originally planned on spending the first week getting the concept down, and the final three weeks of the month executing the concept. That wasn't to be though, I'm still mired in the concept phase. But I think I've all but decided to go with the tunnel as central theme for the cover, so I went around yesterday evening looking for tunnels.

I found this one:

I came home and spent 45 seconds in photoshop to change the most obvious issues.

There, made the tunnel darker (and I suppose, longer) and disappeared the rear view mirror.

It's a start.

7 comments:

Briane said...

FIRSTIES!

OH MY GOD I Hate myself for typing that but I'm leaving it there.

Now I should wrap up this comment quickly so that it is, in fact, first (ies) rather than blather on for so long that someone jumps ahead of me, like Michael, who's always Johnny On The Spot when it comes to commenting on people's blogs.

I wonder who the original Johnny On The Spot was? And how he got that name? I imagine there's quite a story behind it. I should go look that up. Might be more productive than what I'm doing right now.

Oh, you were thinking I'd use this prestigious position -- First Commenter -- to actually comment on the post? DREAM ON. I HAVE THE MICROPHONE AND YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME.

Here is a list of my demands:

1. I want pizza. Seriously, the only kind we've had in the house for the last two weeks is this little cheap frozen kind that I used to love but lately I just can't eat it. I couldn't believe I could get tired of any kind of pizza but I did. Not ALL pizza, but this kind, in particular, and Mr F is with me on this. He won't eat it, either, and usually he's Johnny On The Spot when it comes to eating that pizza, which is why we eat it.

2. I demand that Michael use the name "Johnny On The Spot" for himself in conversation at least once per day. It's the least he can do.

3. Something about health care. That is how you know I'm a good person: I used my power to make the world a better place by demanding that someone do something about health care. And while I'm at it, IMMIGRATION. Am I right? I'm right.

(PS I think you are on to something with the tunnel in that picture. It looks cool.)

M.J. Fifield said...

I'm not going to tell you for how long I had to look before I figured out what the most obvious issues were. Especially since you told us what they were right under the picture.

Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop drinking coffee...

PT Dilloway said...

Are those wooden pallets by the side of the tunnel? My dad would have hauled those away because they're good wood.

Andrew Leon said...

Can you make the ground grassy? Is that the kind of magic you can work?

@MJ: Why in the world would you stop drinking coffee?

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Briane was happy about first, wasn't he?
You fond what you ere looking for!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

@Briane: Johnny on the Spot is ridiculous.

Jo said...

Good tunnel, but you don't need anything above it, maybe open air.

JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE